Custom Search

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation

I've been on vacation since the Fourth in California, and it's been quite relaxing. If only life was like this everyday! Alas, I am just a regular schmo with a nine-to-fiver, and I will be back at the daily grind on Monday. But I'm am relishing my time here as much as I can.

California's nice. Been to LA before, but right now I'm in San Francisco. My friend lives in the O.C., so after we leave SF we'll be back there. One thing I noticed about Cali that I didn't before is that liquor is sold everywhere. I mean, EVERYWHERE. Target, yup. CVS, yup. Trader Joe's, yup (I know they sold wine at home, but here they sell spirits too!). And it's cheap!!! Bottle of Patron here is like $35 - $39. Usually $50 at home. Crazy. Needless to say, we had one night where we were quite inebriated.

Food's okay. Nothing that stands out. Although, I did have my first sweet shrimp nigiri at Tadashi Sushi at La Jolla after a day of ocean kayaking. That was an excellent piece of sushi. If you've never had sweet shrimp and you love sushi, you gotta try it. I think it's amaebi in Japanese. I might be wrong.

Anyhoot, more posts when I get back.

No comments: