Custom Search

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Acer Aspire One

I don't believe I've mentioned this, but my new primary computer is the 6-cell Acer Aspire One. As small as it is, this little buddy packs quite a bit, and I'm quite satisfied with it. What I love the most about it is the ultra portability (2.2lb) of this thing. It is tiny! And the battery life is AMAZING - 5.5 hours. Sweet huh? Here's a picture of it on my old HP:



You probably think the keyboard is way too small, but it's actually fine. Not as small as the other netbooks out there. My only gripes about it would be the glossy exterior and the hard-to-press track pad buttons. Other than that, I don't feel like I'm missing much from a full-fledged laptop.

Here are the specs:

Intel Atom 1.6GHz
1GB DDR2 SDRAM
160GB HDD
8.9" LCD
Ethernet
Wireless LAN
Webcam
USB ports
SD/MMC/xD/Memory Stick PRO
VGA out
Windows XP (no more Vista for now!)


And just to avoid the hassle of any warranty issues, I bought a 3-year warranty with Square Trade. I even bought the Accident Protection Plan, in case I drop the thing. Total cost of 3-year warranty with accident plan: $70.00. If anything happens and it can't be fixed, Square Trade will cut me a check for what I paid. Done.

No comments: