Custom Search

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sick...

Somehow I managed to catch a minor cold. Had a sore throat then some stuffiness for a week. I'm recovering a bit now, but put a damper on my energy level.

Monday: Neutral grip pullups (10), squats (40)
Tuesday: Calf raises (90)
Wednesday: Pushups (40), lunges (20 each)
Thursday: Squats (40) - feel sick and weak.
Friday: Side raises (10, 10), neutral grip pullups (10)
Saturday: Rear lat raises (10, 10)

I told myself I'd go to the gym, but wound up wussing out. The thought of going home, warming up, changing, then heading back into the cold to drive to the Y wasn't all that appealing to me. I did manage to so part of my mini-workouts, but not too much. BBS workouts have all gone to heck, but I'm trying to incorporate them back in somehow.

I need to add horse stances back in. Turns out my legwork isn't helping much in the ski area. Squats and lunges are good and all, but in a ski run, the quads are in use 100% of the time. So the exertion level is closer to doing horse stances for minutes. Last season was better since I was doing kung fu at the time and we were holding horse stances for at least 5 minutes before every class. I'll have to work up from the 1-2 min I can hold now. I'd like to aim for 5+ minutes as an average run on a decent mountain is close to that if not longer.

Last weigh-in:
177.5 lb

No comments: