Custom Search

Monday, June 9, 2008

Fitting mini workouts in

I haven't join the gym yet, so haven't been working out routinely yet. When I have time, I try to throw in a workout or two at home. But when I'm not working out, I try to do exercises while doing other things. Sometimes, when I'm preparing to go out, I would do a couple sets of pull-ups and chin-ups with a heating pipe in my living room. Nice and quick. Other times, I would do pushups while watching TV. When I go see one of my friend's, her back door has this wooden porch, and I would do chest dips on her railings while I wait for the door to open. Sometimes I even do 35 - 40 reps before I ring the doorbell to make sure I get enough in.

You can do this at work too! After I go to the bathroom, I would do squats, lunges, and calf raises. Sometimes I would do pushups and wash my hands afterwards. At most this takes 5 minutes, so it's not a total time killer. But you get to bump up your heart rate a bit, and work out those muscles. Who says we don't have enough time?

No comments: