Custom Search

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some progress with shoulder

I definitely gave my shoulder some rest, but it's not feeling that much better. A bit better, but not that great. I'm going to start the rehab again, but this time I won't do high reps. I'll still start with five pound dumbbells but with sets of 8-10. That should give it enough stimulus without going overboard with the exertion. Anyway, here's last week's breakdown:

Monday: none
Tuesday: calf raises w/10lb (90), chest isometric exercises (240 total)
Wednesday: none
Thursday: none
Friday: none
Saturday: none
Sunday: none

I was away for the weekend and spent some time with my cousins. My LI cousin suggested we do a friendly body fat reduction challenge. He's currently at 12.x% while I'm at 15.7%. To be fair, we would aim to lose 3% and 4%, respectively. We have till June 1st to do so. I've never focused on losing body fat before, so this is new to me. I'm researching eating habits and am seriously considering moving to a 6-7 meals/day diet.

The first thing I did so far is focusing on getting at least 64 ounces of water a day. Muscles are 70% water and your body tends to retain water when it's not getting enough. So getting at least 8 glasses a day will keep myself hydrated while preventing water retention. To help with that I replaced my 32 ounce Nalgene bottle with a 16 ounce sippy thermos (Keeps my water cold!). I use the thermos to bring skim milk with me to work for my whole-grain cereal, then aim to drink four thermos-ful of water. Another thing I did was to start reading all labels of food I buy. So laborious.

Last weigh-in:
180.5 lb at 15.7% body fat

No comments: