Custom Search

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good food, good company

I finally made it over to my cousin's to get a taste of his crepes, which he started making ever since his return from a study-abroad trip to France. We went to get some groceries and went over to his place to do some prep work. I don't know why, but I like cooking. Well, I love DIY in general, but cooking is pretty awesome. You got the preparation aspect (I love mise en place), the assembling/cooking, and then you get instant gratification of your creations. How cool is that?


Anyway, we went about prepping our ingredients. We bought ingredients for savory crepes as well as dessert crepes. We also saved some fruits for a chocolate fondue later. My cousin also bought a loaf of Italian bread to accompany the brie I bought, so I couldn't resist and set that up at the center of our table.

My cousin took care of cooking and assembling the tasty crepes. We did ham, cheese, and mushrooms.


Overall, it was a nice night with good food and good company. Although I might have filled up a bit too much.

No comments: