Custom Search

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Locally produced food at The Local


A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a cool little restaurant/pub in West Newton. My friend took me to The Local based on recommendations she received. But the main reason was to go check out some fried pickles! Haha.

The Local is a pub/restaurant with a menu that includes locally produced foods. Tucked into a section of Washington Street in West Newton, it's practically on the Mass Pike. Atmosphere is pretty casual, cool, and very lively with the bar taking up the left third and the dining area the rest of the place. The wait was pretty long on a Friday night, 45 minutes on that particular night. But I think it was worth the wait.

The Local has a pretty good list of appetizers and small snacks. We ordered some fried pickles and their warm potato chips. Very tasty, though the fried pickles weren't really my thing. For entrees I had a salmon that had a wonderful crunchy crust on a bed of bacon mushroom salad and some roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I gulped down a beer from Maine to wash that food down.


This is a place I will definitely go again. If it was closer, it would be an awesome place to gather up some friends for drinks and yummy snacks.
Check out more of my posts on food here!

No comments: