Custom Search

Monday, September 8, 2008

Back on Invisaligns

So I picked up my set of Invisaligns today. This is the "refinement" part of my treatment. After my initial treatment, I couldn't close my jaw all the way (the front teeth made contact before the molars did). So I have 22 weeks of wearing aligners 20-22 hours a day. Yay... After that, it's a lifetime of wearing retainers at night. Double yay...

I did notice that this set is different than the ones I had before. The "buttons" they put on your teeth to hold the aligners on are much bigger and more rectangular. I had a bit of trouble removing them for lunch today. I thought I would break them before I removed them. I must say, this set fits much tighter, but that could be because they're moving my teeth again.

The plus side of wearing aligners again is that it limits my snacking. When you have to remove aligners and afterwards brush your teeth, floss, and rinse just to eat a snack, that snack just isn't worth it. My initial Invisalign treatment helped me cut down snacking. Wound up losing 5lb! So this might drop my weight a bit too. I can't really drink anything besides water either. If I want to drink anything else, I have to do the same ritual of removing my aligners, then cleaning before putting them back on. Another plus side is, I feel like I'm wearing a mouth guard 24/7. Try knocking out these teeth!

No comments: