Custom Search

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Contacted the BBB

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I haven't heard back from my case manager Steven. Emails to the PR guy only result in replies stating that he will contact HP and see what happens. Repairs to HP don't amount to anything. Meanwhile, I'm left sitting without a reliable workable laptop for nearly three months! This is just ridiculous.

I find it unbelievable that:

1) HP cannot fix my laptop after three trips to their repair center
2) My laptop came back from its second repair without half the RAM
3) My laptop came back from its third repair with a loose RAM chip in the memory compartment (I would compare this to a surgeon leaving forceps in your body)
4) HP sends a cardboard box each time I send my laptop back even though I told them I have the old boxes. So environmental impact for sending a laptop back that HP can't repair: three large cardboard boxes, six pieces of foam, three large plastic bags, three smaller boxes to hold accessories, and labels. And keep in mind that HP has no problem paying to ship my laptop to and from SIX TIMES overnight via FedEx, pay technical support gosh-knows-how-much per hour to not-repair my laptop, pay phone support to pickup my calls and not help me out, but won't refund or replace my laptop.
5) HP support is HORRENDOUS. They never call when they are supposed to. They read from a script. They don't really understand the torment you are going through. THEY. JUST. DON'T. CARE.
6) Through all this and many more with others (Google "HP Sucks"), HP is still the #1 computer manufacturer/seller. Amazing. CEO Mark Hurd must be doing something right for the shareholders. I suppose if I were to buy stock, why not buy HP? They have horrible customer support/service and still remains #1!!! They're at $48.41 a share today, up $3.08 from yesterday!

I hope the BBB does something. I'll try to call Steven again too, but I feel he's just going to make me send the laptop to them, have their repair center "fix" it, send it back, and then I'll open it to find that it's not been fixed. What a wonderful cycle to look forward to.

No comments: