Custom Search

Monday, September 15, 2008

Chinups are goooood

It was an okay week last week. Didn't get to do any cardio, so that sucks a lot. I was hoping to squeeze at least two runs in. I hope I can do better this week.


Monday: Squats (40), lunges (15 each)
Tuesday: Pushups (40, 40, 40), calf raises (60)
Wednesday: Squats (20, 40), lunges (15 each), side raises (6, 6, 6), bent over rear lat raise (6, 6, 6), front raises (6, 6, 6), bent over dumbbell rows (10, 10, 10), shoulder press (10, 10, 10), biceps curl (10, 10, 10), hammer curls (10, 10, 10)
Thursday: Pushups (40, 40), calf raises (60)
Friday: Squats (40), lunges (15 each)
Saturday: Chinups (10, 7), pullups (8, 3), chest dips (5, 15, 5), biceps curls (10), hammer curls (10)
Sunday: Pushups (40, 40)


I did manage to start my chinups/pullups routine again. Used my heating pipe in my living room. Might have been a bit much for my right shoulder. It's a bit tight, but seems to be more about soreness from the exertion than an injury. The tightness is on the outside rather than inside. Stretching it helps too, so I'm not worried about it. My back is a bit sore too, but it's because I haven't done chinups and pullups for quite a while. Those bathroom pullups just aren't the same as using a horizontal bar/pipe.



I'm noticing some slight changes in my body. I feel more compact, but I really doubt that much changed. Just a bit. I hope to continue my cardio and look to add in some more core work. I'm thinking I should do Ab Ripper X 2-3 times a week. Ab Ripper X is part of Tony Horton's P90X program. It's a pretty good routine for the abs, and I've never been able to do the complete workout with the reps they do. In fact, I've never went through 90 days of P90X. Maybe I'll do that in the winter when it's cold outside and when I'm sure my body is healthy again. I did a couple weeks before and P90X is intense.


Here's the update:
181.5/183.5 (no change)

3 comments:

Nugget said...

What's the P90X thing?

Anonymous said...

holy crap, you weigh 180 something? dude, i think i weigh less than you now :)

i was in a competition with a friend to lose the most amount of weight this previous month. so from weigh in (192) to weight out (179) - roughly 13 pounds (but some of it was water weight).

you need to compete with someone! that will really motivate you.

btw, i lost by 0.8 pounds, so i gotta get rid of my hair...and i don't mean the hair on my head.

truparad0x said...

That's with clothes and full pockets. But that's no excuse. I was as high as 189lb! It's hard for me to weigh myself naked, so don't really know my true weight. I would like to get to around 175lb. So a bit more to go.