Custom Search

Monday, August 18, 2008

Gotta keep an eye on my shoulder

I had a pretty good week last week in terms of fitting workouts in. I did mostly mini-workouts at work, but they were pretty effective:

Monday: Squats (30), lunges (5 each)
Tuesday: Pullups (8, 6), calf raises (30)
Wednesday: Squats (30), lunges (5 each)
Thursday: Pushups (40)

At home I managed to do some railing chest dips (20, 10), heating pipe chinups (10, 10), and heating pipe pullups (3) on Wednesday. I also did a BBS workout at home while watching the Olympics Thursday night. Only problem is I tweaked my shoulder during my improvised chest/triceps workout last Sunday, August 10. I thought I was fine, but during my BBS workout I felt something in my right shoulder. Don't know how to describe as it's not a pull or a sprain. I guess I would call it a nagging. So I decided to rest up over the weekend and not do anything till at least today or tomorrow. Didn't really succeed in that because I wound up playing some games and tossing a football around during a friend's birthday BBQ.

So with this tweaked shoulder, I have to be very careful with my workouts. Well, that's if I want to risk it this week at all. With it tweaked, it is a lot easier to pull it. I had this feeling before. I could probably just skip BBS workouts until it feels better, but then again chest workouts include shoulder exertion too. We'll see.

I also have to watch my diet. I ate pretty badly over the weekend. Need to be more controlled there. Need to cook more and eat out less. Tough to change body composition if I'm only working out.

No comments: