Custom Search

Thursday, August 28, 2008

HP, HP, HP...oy

So I've sent my laptop in earlier this week for a repair. As I've said before, this will be the last time I give HP a chance to repair it. Last night I got an email from Derrick, who had commented on my blog before. I suggested he go through HP's normal customer service and asked him to update me. Well, HP gave him a new laptop. A 14.1" dv4t. So yeah, I'm annoyed. So annoyed I emailed the PR guy that emailed me. I want a refund. Let's see what they do.




Hello J.P.,

I obtained your email address from a comment you left on my blog (http://truparad0x.blogspot.com/search/label/hp%20stinks). When I first received your comment, I was surprised at how my blog was able to reach HP's PR firm. At the time, I received a response and thought things would be fine. When I did speak with executive support they pushed me back to a case manager.

The case manager was pretty helpful at first and arranged for a free repair plus the stick of memory that HP had taken from me. After waiting two weeks and still not seeing my RAM, I called the case manager again. This time, I just told him I wasn't pleased with the service nor the two-month time frame without my sole computer (that I do my finances on, my budgeting, my emailing, ...pretty much my life). I asked for a refund and told him I would send the laptop to him. He told me blankly that HP was not responsible for loss of data and time and that a system buyback was not an option at that point. I asked him how he would've felt if he was out of a computer for two months. He repeated coldly that HP was not responsible for loss of data or time. He can only offer a repair.

As you can see, I was pretty frustrated and annoyed. But seeing how he won't give me a refund, I conceded to the repair. I asked him what would happen if after the repair my laptop's issue resurfaced (on my blog, I was able to connect to other HP customers who had issues resurface several months after a repair). He told me the repair was guaranteed for 90 days; after that it would be considered an out-of-warranty laptop. I was surprised at how incapable HP saw their own repair team to guarantee their own repairs for a measly 90-days. Three months? I was out of a laptop for 2/3 that time.

To make matters a little more unbearable for me, one of the people who read my blogs had the same issue with the same model. He thinks HP made a defective product. Anyway, I suggested he contact a case manager before writing to the CEO (even with my bad view of HP, I wanted him to go through the normal chain of customer service before escalating). He just wrote to me to let me know that HP replaced his laptop with a different 14.1" model. But here I am, two and a half months without a workable, dependable machine.

As I told my case manager, even if they do repair my laptop, I'm not confident enough in HP to believe my laptop will continue to work. And apparently after 90 days, I would be sh*t out of luck. That's why I asked for a refund. Why keep repairing it? This is the third repair. Either the repair center can't do their job or the machine is obviously defective.

Anyway, I wrote to you because I feel you might actually care about this and could help me in some way to get my refund. My laptop is currently with HP repair.


Sincerely,




[Dan]

No comments: